PRIVACY AND COOKIES
This privacy and cookies statement sets out how Zebra Finance uses and protects any information that you give when you use this website.
Zebra Finance is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy statement.
Zebra Finance may change this policy from time to time by updating this statement. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information when you (including any co-applicant) make an online application or where the introducer who is supplying you with the goods or services makes that application on your behalf:
- Name and address.
- Contact information including email address and telephone numbers.
- Date of birth.
- Details of your occupation, employment history and income.
- Details of the supplier and of the goods or services that are linked to the application.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information we reasonably require that is necessary to process your application.
- All of the above information is voluntarily provided by you to make your application.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to process your application, communicate with you and provide you with the services you have applied for. We will tell you how your information is used and with who else we may share it within the application forms and/or screen pages for the product or service that you apply for. Once you are a customer of Zebra Finance we will use the information to help us administer your account/s with us.
With who else do we share your information:
We share your information when you apply, and if are provided with a product or service, to administer the lifetime of your account and any future accounts with us. We may share your information with:
- Credit reference agencies.
- Fraud Prevention Agencies and Fraud Databases.
- Our panel of lenders and our funders.
- Regulatory agencies and other organisation that we are required to do so by law.
- Others we may sell and/or assign your account to.
- Other third parties who assist us in administering your account.
We will always share your information, and ensure that those we share it with, have a right to receive it and that it will be processed it in conformance with the Data Protection Act and other relevant laws.
We also use it to better understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
We shall not process your information for any purpose that is not described in this policy. Our information and retention policies and procedure are to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the secure retention and deletion of personal information. Without prejudice to this, we will usually delete personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Notwithstanding this, we will certain information (paper and electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to:
- Enable you to make an online application for an account and if you a granted an account then as part of the administration of it and other customer services.
- Identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information it holds about you, other than the information and data you volunteer and choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, declining cookies will mean that important features of this website may or will not work. This is described in the following section of this statement.
DECLINING COOKIES MAY PREVENT YOU FROM MAKING AN ONLINE APPLICATION
Cookies are a key component of the online application functionality. If you disable them then any information you provide to use will be lost in the event that you need to exit the application and return to it later. It may also likely result in the online application process not operating correctly or you being prevented from making and completing an application. In addition, disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of other functions of the website.
We recommend that you do not disable cookies if you intend the make an online application.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you make an application, then before you submit it to us we will provide you with an initial summary description of how we will use you information when assessing your application. If you proceed to submit your application, and we then agree to offer you an account, then before you accept our offer and open an account we will provide you with a further description of how we used your data in providing and administering any account once it is opened. Other than where we require you to provide us with personal information to complete your application, you may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address below or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or release your personal information to third parties for any purpose not described in this statement unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Compliance Department, Zebra Finance, Lincoln House, Stephensons Way, Wyvern Business Park, Derby DE21 6LY or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.